Monday, September 17, 2007

I swear Heaven is in a jar of Nutella, Euphoria in a crepe. Also, Gee Golly Do i love street performers!

Do you doubt?

et Voila! I present to you one of the best Crepes in town. Sitting smack dab in the middle of Cours Mirabeau (the main street) is this nice little crepe cart.

While walking on the Cours Mirabeau, I stumbled across a wonderful street performance. There was a man standing next to a suitcase, bicycle, and red wagon, pulling various contraptions out of a giant jumbled mess next to his bike. People were already starting to form in a circle around him. My curiousity was piqued and I decided to stick around. A portly man made crepes behind me with his shirt hanging open over his hairy gut and a smoldering cigar dancing on the side of his mouth threatening to drop its ashes into the crepe he was making at the time. When i looked back at the man and his crepes, he was pouring a fair amount of malibu rum over the nutella then folding it all into the crepe. yes, france is amazing.

i took a video of the street performer but its too big to post here. Here are some photos:






I love the never ending supply of street performers here. Yesterday i was watching a juggler/mime/avant guard theatre performance that was drawing a giant crowd and left me laughing for quite a while. Also, i have learned that there is a never ending supply of beautiful people here. I think theres a factory that turns them out...i must find this factory.


Im leaving for Germany tomorrow. This is going to be an adventure and a half. Expect tons of photos and adventure stories as soon as i can acquire them and post them online. We don't know where we're sleeping and don't have any travel plans....all we know is that we somehow must get to munich for one of the world's greatest festivals: Oktoberfest. I go there a hairy boy, and will return a hairy man (with a beer gut).

ps- my apartment has been fixed for a few weeks now and i am loving living there. I can't believe i've been here for more than a month already....




*This is an old blog that i never posted....sorry for the tardiness!

No comments: