Monday, September 3, 2007

1st day of preparatory Language classes!!

Today was my first day of class through my preparatory language program and it was amazing! The program is designed to be an intensive refresher course in French as well as a preparation program for attending French university. The school is so beautiful (see pictures from previous posts) and is a wonderful place to study. Classes only go from 8-noon, which allows me plenty of time to mischief throughout the rest of the day. I tested into a lower level than I expected but am now beginning to appreciate starting back at the beginning and working on the basics of the language (something I never put too much time into). This first test has no major consequences attached to it but there will be another test at the end of the program that will dictate what courses I can take through the university. That's the one I will have to really work my butt off on. The class I am in is made up of a few folks from my group and a few Japanese students who are also studying abroad here. I'll be in this program for another month, then will take another test to see which level of classes i can take through the University. I am hoping that I make it to the 3rd level so I can take some of the more specialized french courses rather than just piling on Grammar and phonetic courses. I am also considering going through with a specialized French diploma program through the University. This diploma wouldn't effect my major program back at Humboldt but would allow me a real diploma in French from this University (something I could always put on my resume). The down side to getting the diploma is that its a much bigger course load with more homework and much more tests. I'll have to figure this one out soon.

Im getting antsy to travel. I think I smell a trip to Paris and beyond coming up soon.

Im writing this from an awesome english pub i found here in AIX. They serve burgers. BURGERS!!!! It's really hard to find a good burger joint here, and in Bulldogge's I have found just that. Its heavenly!

1 comment:

Shazia said...

Great to hear about all the places you are visiting and the amout of knowledge you are acquiring. This will affect the rest of your life. Keep blogging so we can be there with you. love you and miss you on this first day of Ramzan.