Monday, September 3, 2007

me, a new apartment and a wicked shit demon

The system backed up....the septic system is backed up to all hell. I haven't even used the toilet yet and the system backed up. Apparently it isn't just my apartment but also the one next to me....AHHHH!!!!

I'll spare you the graphic details but suffice it to say that there is feces coming out of the shower drain.....and it isn't even mine!!! I haven't even been able to used my toilet yet! I spent my first night in the apartment with both windows wide open as well as all sorts of scented candles and incense burning all over. I woke up at night afraid that a giant shit demon (a la Dogma) was festering in my bathroom coming out to attack me! Apparently the 400 year old pipes are finicky and harbor monsters.

The landlord moved me into another apartment across the hallway and has promised me that everything will be cleaned up and back to normal by Wednesday. I certainly hope so. It makes me sad that the apartment is so nice but this problem is so putrid. Oh well, all should be well by the middle of the week.

No comments: